Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal for the whole family? Well, here you go! Everybody loves pizza, right? I mean, really. Does anyone NOT like pizza? Well, this is not only simple and inexpensive, but everyone can create their own pizza to their own taste.
Normally, I like a “less boring” pizza than cheese and pepperoni. One of my favorites is a garlic pizza with broccoli. I’m also a fan of black olives and sausage. All of these options would be fantastic on a french bread pizza. But tonight, we all had pepperoni. But that’s ok, it was delicious! I bought some fun “mini” pepperoni and loaded them on the pizza. (Which was a good thing, because they shrunk considerably during baking!)
All you need for this is some french bread (I got ours at Walmart for $1!), some shredded mozzarella cheese ($2.50 for the package), a small jar of pizza sauce ($1.50), and whatever other toppings you would like. I set the oven to 400 F and baked the pizza for about 15 minutes. (Maybe a few minutes more if you like it crispier, just keep an eye on it.) And that was it. A simple and fun weekday dinner for the entire family, for around $7.
Here’s a fun and different way to have a family pizza night. It’s just 7 basic ingredients and a quick, easy dinner for everyone. The kids will even have fun helping put this one together!
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 – 6 oz package of pepperoni
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut biscuits into quarters
- Cut the pepperoni into quarters
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough
- Bake for about 30 minutes (TIP: If the middle is not cooked thoroughly leave it in another 5 minutes
at a time until it is done)
- Flip over on to a plate while it’s still hot
- Serve with a small bowl of pizza sauce and enjoy!
* You can add other ingredients, such as peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage or whatever your favorite pizza toppings are! Play with different ideas, or even make a vegetarian pizza! Have fun and enjoy!