Chocolate Crackle Cookies are the most amazing cookies on earth. We just discovered them this weekend, and they are wonderful. They are super easy and fun to make too!
Our niece was visiting us this weekend and was a huge help making these cookies. I told Kelly that the more sugar she used, the better the cookies would be. So she buried them! I think she had a good time getting all messy. This was a perfect project for a kid. She had fun and did a fantastic job too!
1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Devil’s Food Cake)
1/2 cup oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix the first three ingredients together.
3. Create tablespoon sized balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Make sure that you generously coat each cookie.
I mean generously. Use A LOT of powdered sugar. (See photos above.) If you don’t, the cookies will just be plain old chocolate cookies. And you don’t want that!
4. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 8 minutes if you want them under baked or 10 minutes if you want them more like cake.
Enjoy your cookies with a nice cup of coffee. Or hot cocoa or milk. Or whatever you like! You can substitute the chocolate cake mix for other types of cake mix for different flavors and colors. Around Christmas time, you could use a white cake mix mixed with red or green food coloring. Or maybe you could even try a nice spice cake flavored cookie in the fall. I would bet there are no bad combinations with this recipe!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)