2-3 rolls of refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits in a tube
1 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 sticks butter/margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Prepare Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces. (Similar to cutting a pie.)
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mix well. Drop pieces of dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture and stir gently with a large spoon. Do one biscuit (6 pieces) at a time, it keeps them from sticking together.
- In a small sauce pan, combine remaining sugar cinnamon mixture with the brown sugar and butter. Bring mixture just to a boil then immediately and carefully drizzle the mixture over biscuit pieces in the Bundt pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. (I turn mine around once during cooking to ensure even baking.)
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then put a large plate on top of the Bundt pan. Flip the bread over and onto the plate. Remove Bundt pan.
- After cool, pull apart pieces of the monkey bread, eat and enjoy!
Fall is here. Let the baking commence. I found this yummy recipe on Pinterest and had to try it for myself. It IS as good as it looks.
Here is the recipe:
3 cups flour
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1½ cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
– In an electric or stand mixer add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
– Once combined well , slowly stir in the melted butter. Pour into the prepared 9×13 baking pan.
– In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy.
– Drop evenly over the batter by spoonfuls and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
– Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out nearly clean.
– In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk.
– Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.