It’s time for more fall baking! This time I’m using fresh McIntosh apples (my all-time favorite apple) from the local farmer’s market, in these amazing and super-easy Apple Brownies.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium apples – peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
– In a large bowl, beat together the melted butter, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Fold in the apples.
– In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
– Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until just blended.
– Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
– Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Enjoy with some nice Pumpkin Spice coffee!