Buckeye Balls are one of those holiday treats that you will always remember the very first time you had one. They are just so good, they will make a lasting impression in your mind. And if you haven’t had them yet, what are you waiting for?? They are amazing! The peanut butter balls are so soft and wonderful. The chocolate coating on the bottom goes so well with the peanut butter, they will melt in your mouth. And then you will want another!
Making the peanut butter filling can be a bit tricky. Make sure you work the dough thoroughly. I use a Kitchen Aid and then use my hands to knead the dough a little more. When you make the balls, they might be very crumbly if you don’t mix the dough well enough. This is an all-hands-on-deck kind of recipe. I bring anyone who is home, in to help form the peanut butter balls. Otherwise, it would take forever.
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (1-pound) box confectioners sugar
9 oz. (about 1½ cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp shortening
1. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners sugar using a Kitchen Aid mixer. It will be dry and crumbly at first, but keep working it until everything is very evenly mixed.You may need to knead it by hand as well.
2. Form into 2 large balls, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30-60 minutes.
3. Shape into tablespoon sized balls. Roll them in your hands to smooth. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
4. Refrigerate for about an hour.
5. In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, remove from heat.
6. Use a toothpick to dip each ball into chocolate mixture and place back on baking sheet.
7. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. (About an hour.) Use the back of a spoon to smooth over toothpick holes.
8. Eat. Share. Enjoy.
This is quite possibly the easiest fudge in the world to make. It’s simple, basic and only requires 5 ingredients. And only 4 ingredients if you don’t add the nuts. I happen to like nuts, but just didn’t have any in the pantry. This fudge is great to take to holiday gatherings, give as gifts, or just enjoy by yourself!
3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 to 1 cups chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil.
2. Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
4. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.
Is it just me or am I the only one that ends up with uneaten, over-ripe bananas every week? Most of the time they just end up being thrown away, which is such a waste. But when I have some extra time, I try to whip up a nice banana bread. This recipe is so basic, you’ll have all the ingredients on hand. The original recipe calls for only 2 bananas, but I would use 3 if you have them, for more banana flavor.
2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup sugar
2 bananas, beaten lightly
2 eggs, beaten lightly
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 lb. loaf pan.
2. Mix the sugar, bananas, eggs and honey together until well mixed,
3. Add the flour, a little at a time. Mix until it forms a soft dropping consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture into loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
7. Leave the loaf to cool in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
8. Cut into thick slices and serve warm with butter.
Here’s a fun and different way to have a family pizza night. It’s just 7 basic ingredients and a quick, easy dinner for everyone. The kids will even have fun helping put this one together!
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 – 6 oz package of pepperoni
- 1 small jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut biscuits into quarters
- Cut the pepperoni into quarters
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and toss so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough
- Bake for about 30 minutes (TIP: If the middle is not cooked thoroughly leave it in another 5 minutes
at a time until it is done)
- Flip over on to a plate while it’s still hot
- Serve with a small bowl of pizza sauce and enjoy!
* You can add other ingredients, such as peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage or whatever your favorite pizza toppings are! Play with different ideas, or even make a vegetarian pizza! Have fun and enjoy!