These cookies are a request of a blog reader and friend, Rebecca. I’m always looking for ideas for recipes and things to make. I will try anything! I love oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies. The combination of both together is fantastic. Then again, I’m pretty sure anything combined with chocolate is fantastic!
I found a ton of recipes for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. I might try a few of the other varieties sometime. A common recipe I found had vanilla pudding. Which I didn’t have on hand, so I couldn’t try that one. But it peaked my curiosity, so I might just have to try it soon. In the meantime, here’s the recipe I used for these delicious little bits of sweetness.
1 cup butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until smooth. Beat the eggs, then the vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls on to baking sheets covered with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I’d like to welcome all of my new followers from the “Grow Your Blog” party yesterday! That was such a neat experience. I’m looking forward to getting to know each of you through your blogs and hope you enjoy visiting my blog as well.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)