Is it just me or am I the only one that ends up with uneaten, over-ripe bananas every week? Most of the time they just end up being thrown away, which is such a waste. But when I have some extra time, I try to whip up a nice banana bread. This recipe is so basic, you’ll have all the ingredients on hand. The original recipe calls for only 2 bananas, but I would use 3 if you have them, for more banana flavor.
2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup sugar
2 bananas, beaten lightly
2 eggs, beaten lightly
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 lb. loaf pan.
2. Mix the sugar, bananas, eggs and honey together until well mixed,
3. Add the flour, a little at a time. Mix until it forms a soft dropping consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture into loaf pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
7. Leave the loaf to cool in the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
8. Cut into thick slices and serve warm with butter.