Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. And they’re all most likely based on the Toll House Cookie recipe. Mine is very similar to the Toll House Cookie recipe. With a few tweaks. I add an extra 1/4 cup of flour to fluff them up. And I use Aldi brand chocolate chips. They’re much cheaper! And just as good. I also cool the cookie dough in the fridge for a bit before I bake the cookies. I find it keeps the cookies from going flat. I prefer puffier cookies to flat ones. But that’s just me.
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Bakers Corner Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar in an electric mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed. Stir in chocolate morsels. Cool dough in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Then drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)